As Hop River Brewing Company grows we are always looking for passionate and talented people that enjoy craft beer as much as we do. Posted below are our current openings.
Hop River Brewing Company is searching for a talented Head Brewer with a creative and collaborative personality. Our ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, mature outlook, great team skills, and an infectiously positive attitude.
Hop River Brewing Company (HRBC) is a new 15-barrel production microbrewery and taproom in downtown Fort Wayne, Indiana. HRBC was founded by two beer lovers who want to share their passion for beer with the world as well as cultivate the area’s evolving craft beer scene. HRBC will create an engaging brewery experience in a revitalized downtown through hand-crafted beer for our local community and beyond.
Our ideal brewer will have
- 2+ years of professional brewing experience in a brewery, brewpub, or production brewery
- Degree or Certificate in Brewing Science, Chemistry, Micro Biology, or Engineering is preferred
- Cicerone Certification (Level 2) is a preferred
- Proficient technical knowledge in all applicable aspects of the brewing and packaging process.
- Source and maintain ingredients, develop recipes, be obsessive about sanitation and quality control
- Develop SOPs to monitor and enforce high standards of quality and excellence
- Experience using good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Experience working various positions on a bottling line with the ability to safely work in close quarters to packaging equipment and conveyors
- Possess a strong mechanical understanding and background
- Be fearless toward DIY maintenance in the brewery and restaurant, if necessary
- Manage and train a staff of two or more assistant brewers
They will Also possess these skills and more
- A comprehensive knowledge and passion for craft beer
- Ability to design and brew a wide variety of styles, ranging from classic to experimental
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced brewpub and production environment
- Flexibility, results-oriented mindset and a good attitude are essential
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, online and offline
- Ability and willingness to educate staff in the brewing process, beer styles, and craft beer culture.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet development and tracking
- Ability to accurately record inventory, understand and monitor cost control numbers
- Must have the upmost attention to details and cleanliness in all areas of brewing
- Must be adept at Federal and State Excise Tax recording and reporting
- Ability to work independently
- A friendly and public personality
- Proficient in beer line cleaning, draft line balancing, and serving
- Willingness to stay productive during slower work times
- Ability to function in team environment (restaurant and brewery)
- Ability to take direction from owners
- Willingness to work full-time flexibly, including extended hours and weekends, as needed